Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Thunder Bay - Wrap-up

All in all, it was an excellent trip. Everything seemed to work out perfectly...

Again, both Nicole and I were so glad that we didn't end up driving back and forth from Thunder Bay. We were so grateful that we essentially saved ourselves around 35+ hours of driving and could relax/sleep on the plane. And like I said before, we had much more time and energy to spend with Tim. Tim was a great host by letting us stay at his place and renting a car to show us around the city/area.

The weather ended up being reasonably good while we were up there. Tim had mentioned that there had many gloomy and rainy days during first few weeks he was there. We were fortunate to have a good couple of days of sunshine to enjoy the fireworks and hiking.

Personally, it was just a good time to get away too. It's been quite a while since I last went on a 'trip/vacation' where I could just be a 'tourist' and enjoy the city. :) I was glad that I didn't have to think about work, softball, and other so-called stresses in my life. It was great peace of mind to go out and spend time in such a beautiful environment appreciate God's creations.

Most of all, I was thankful for the valuable fellowship time Tim, Nicole and even Dom. It was good to see Tim and catch up with him a bit after two months. And I'm sure Tim was glad to see some Asian folk again. :) It was also fun to hang out with Nicole, whom I really only knew from church and softball. Although, we only got to see Dom for a couple of hours, it was nice to talk to him in person about his missions trip, instead of just reading about it in the church bulletin. I think that Dom too enjoyed our company as it was his last chance to get some relaxation before his hectic week ahead. It just worked out well for everyone involved and I know that God had a hand in getting us together. :)

What a great way to start off the summer months...

No comments: