Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Another year older...

Yesterday I celebrated my 26th birthday… :)... The last year has gone by pretty quickly, especially since I've been working... Praise God... ;)

My day started off with my mom coming to my room and giving me a red envelope ('Lai Si' ). Yay! It's always exciting to get them... :)

At lunch, Jacqueline took me out to Sushi Bong for my favourite... Japanese food... yummm... It was funny though 'cause Jacqueline decides to tell the owners it's my birthday. Mr. Bong, who knows me through my mom, rummages around his shelf and gives me a big Swiss chocolate bar as a birthday gift. I thought it was hilarious 'cause it was probably given to him by another customer and I wonder how long it's been sitting on his shelf. :) Still, it was a nice/thoughtful gesture on his part.

Jeanne then picked me up from work and we stopped by Cafe Maxim's on the way home. We were only gonna stop for a drink, but we ended up having dinner and dessert. We caught up with each other about our long weekends over smoked salmon salad, chicken wings and chicken fingers. A strange combination, I guess, but tasty nonetheless. To top it off, we had Mango Cheesecake and Strawberry Almond Meringue served with coffee... I was starting to get sick/sleepy thanks to all the food I ate.

After the unexpected dinner, I quickly tried to swing by softball practice. I was so LATE... :P... I did manage to get in some batting practice and test my arm out a bit, which I dislocated a couple of weeks ago. Ugh. After practice, my team also surprised me with a chocolate 'birthday' log cake. :) It was very sweet of them to do that.

To end the night, Ben got a few people together at Milestone's for drinks. Kevin, Brian, Wayne, Gaston, Nicole, Eric, Jimmy & Tracy all came out... I had a big glass (or jug as some would like to call it) of Hoegaarden and shared some Spinach & Artichoke Dip... Good times, good drinks & good food!

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for helping to celebrate my birthday!--including those who called, left messages and/or sent cards. It was greatly appreciated and it will make the rest of my week a breeze to get through... I probably ate way too much food yesterday, but what better way to enjoy one's birthday than by eating with friends?! :)

No comments: