Wednesday, July 14, 2004

King Arthur

After softball practice last night, the plan was to watch Anchorman. I was pretty excited about seeing that movie. Not for the quality, of course, but I've been busy and exhausted lately, so I was looking for something funny / light. Unfortunately, those plans didn't work out as the movie was SOLD OUT. With the summer now upon us and school done, we forgot to take into account that there are going to be a lot more kids staying out later.

Anyway, we didn't want the night to go completely to waste, so Brian, Ken, Kevin and I decided to stay and watch King Arthur. I hadn't heard many good reviews, so I wasn't expecting much. Naturally, I wasn't proven wrong. The premise itself was interesting 'cause the setting was more like Braveheart, instead of the typical fairy-tale atmosphere. However, the dialogue was meaningless, the action scenes were way too long and drawn out, and Guinevere was such a silly/pointless character--unless you have a thing for Keira Knightley and S&M. It's one of those movies that will be utterly forgettable. Even as I'm writing this, I can't remember one good line.

In retrospect, we should have gone to see Spider-Man 2 or Fahrenheit 9/11 again... even White Chicks. :D

No comments: