Monday, November 28, 2005

We're not gonna take it...

Sigh. Another game, another loss for the Raptors. I went down to the game with Brian and his brother to watch my beloved Raptors play the Mavs. It was actually a really close game. The Raptors were up 6 points with less than 2 minutes to go, yet I wasn't excited at all. I knew somehow that they would blow it. :P Of course, they didn't let me down. This is getting too excruciating to take... Funny thing though... I think Brian and I have been to so many games in the past couple of years that some of the attendants are starting to recognize us. Sometimes we have a drink, so the bartender usually asks for our IDs. This time around, the lady looks at us and says, "You guys come here a lot, right? Don't worry about it." :D I guess it shows how pathetically die-hard we hard. HAHA... It's kinda funny how the Raptors have made their theme song unofficially Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it". They play this song whenever they're in a tight game, in hopes of another win. The lyrics describe the feeling of every fan precisely. I don't know how much more of the losing I can take myself.

The Leafs have been a better team, but just my luck the one game that I attend, they totally put up a stinker. I went to check out the game vs. the Bruins last week with Andy, Ryan and Thomas. It's incredible what a cash cow MLSE is. Our tickets were $35 each, but that only gets us upper bowl and partially obstructed--meaning we can't see one of the faceoff circles. Anyway, we were expecting an exciting game, especially in the new 'NHL'. Sadly, the game was an absolute bore as the Bruins totally dominated and took the crowd out of the game. The Leafs were so listless that they didn't get their first shot on goal until half of the first period was over. Final score: 5-1 Bruins. Andy and I were wondering if it was such a great idea to skip our ball hockey game, but it turns out that we didn't miss anything there either. Apparently, we were running circles around the other team and the game wasn't competitive at all.

Speaking of ball hockey and cash cows, we played another TCS&SC tournament this weekend. We played pretty well in the round robin and won all our games. We won the semis fairly easily and made it to the finals. I wouldn't say we dominated our competition, but we were undefeated and on a good roll. Of course, we played our worst game at the wrong time--shoddy D and not enough shots--and lost a nailbiter. Man, I think it's the 3rd or 4th time we've finished 2nd. We just can't get over the hump! Anyway, the tourneys are always fun, but I'm starting to wonder where our money goes. We have to pay $240 per team, but we're only guaranteed 4 30 min. games and they offer us some diluted Gatorade, fruits and some granola bars. Plus, I don't think it costs that much to rent the school gyms and the 1st place prizes are just t-shirts. The owners MUST be rakin' it in. I've been to their head office once and they've got some pretty nice digs.

No comments: