Sunday, November 06, 2005

Kyrios... and more Kyrios...

Man, today was a long day. I've been out all day and only got home in the last hour.

After service and Sunday School, we had a meeting with the teens to plan some more for our Snow Camp. We got stuff done--got the theme worked out, hammered out the schedule for the week, and updated each other on our responsibilities--but it wasn't a very good meeting. First, a lot of us, including myself, got there late 'cause we took too long to get our lunch. Also, I've noticed that our first few meetings have really lacked focus. Often, people throw out too many random ideas and we get off-topic way too easily. It's a bit frustrating 'cause these meetings that take 2+ hours should be much more efficient. Still, I know I have to be patient 'cause I'm sure I used to be like that myself. One time, I asked Kinson if they had trouble keeping us in line, and he had a good laugh about it. :) Plus, there were some people who were just 'lost' during the meeting--Some were tired and had no energy, while others seemed to have other things, like school, on their mind. By the time we were finished, I think everyone was just glad to wrap up. :P

Later at night, the counsellors met up at Ken and Eva's place for dinner. It was the first time that all of us had gotten together to chat since the school year started. Eva made this awesome meal for us--butterut squash soup and shepherd's pie. Yummm. It was sooo good that I just wanted to sleep after. :) Over dinner and through the rest of the night, it was a good chance for us to catch up--to share about all the positives so far, talk about some of the challenges we're facing, and to see what direction and roles we want to play in the fellowship. We even spent some time praying for the fellowship and each other. It felt good to finally connect with everyone and build on what we wanted to do as a team.

No comments: