Tuesday, November 01, 2005

TCCC Family Fun Night

With safety being more of a concern nowadays and since Halloween is something that Christians don't typically celebrate, the church hosted a carnival-style event for the kids on Monday night. They set up a bunch games for the kids to play so they could win tickets to redeem prizes and treats. I ran a 'shoot-the-target' booth, which I probably made too easy. :) Some the same kids kept coming back over and over 'cause they figured out that I was easy money. Still, I'm glad that I didn't have to help out at the candy table 'cause that was a madhouse. Sugar and kids are definitely not a good combination.

So, I got a taste of what it's like to be a 'carny'. Man, it was tiring, even if it was only 2 hours. It was so tedious picking up the darts, reloading the 'gun', and passing out the tickets--while trying to stay energized through the whole night. I would have hated to work at the CNE!

In any case, it was great to see so many kids out (>150) having lots of fun. Many thanks to Wes for organizing the whole thing and recruiting the 30+ volunteers. He was running around all night long and probably never got a chance to sit down. His passion to serve the kids in the church and our community is unmatched...

See a few more pics here.

No comments: