Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thank goodness it's almost Friday...


Back: Allan, Kenric, Ricky, Ken, Sal, Andrew, Albert
Front: Laurie, Lucy, Binh, Giselle
Lying Down: Gaston
(Sorry about the blurriness... It must have been Gaston's reflectors! :P) Posted by Hello

This week has been a bummer--frankly, it's been kinda s#!++y... There has been a lot of crap going through my head as a result of some happenings on the weekend. I have been getting very little sleep--I'm sleeping at 2-3 AM and then I'm woken up at 6:30 AM by the sunshine glaring in my face. Work has been a bit of a write-off--it's been hard staying focused and getting all my stuff done. I still don't know how to feel right now. I'm still angry and hurt about how things worked themselves out, but I want to be careful to not let these feelings stew too long. I've seen how grudges can really eat someone up and I don't want to be that person who stays bitter. Those people aren't pleasant to be around!

Quick thought though... Why is it that we feel that telling a little white lie or holding back the truth just to spare someone's feelings is a good idea? It's funny how we think, "We'd better not tell him/her 'cause he might get mad." Then when they find out the truth, they just end up feeling even more pissed off. Now they're ticked off at the original fact AND the cover-up. Of course, being honest has to be done with tact. It doesn't mean we should be frank about everything without have any sympathy towards the other person. I can appreciate people who are upfront, but can also be sensitive to the situation. Sure, the truth can hurt. It can get awkward and we might get annoyed/mad about it, but I would like to think that most of us are mature enough to accept it and eventually get over it. (Btw, by no means am I guilt-free of this either. I'm sure that I've probably done this to someone else in the past, and for that I'm sorry.) I guess the lesson learned is that if you plan on doing this, you'd better make damn sure that the other person never finds out. :P

The fact that I've been pretty busy with my other extra-curricular activities has been a saving grace. I've been able to release some pent-up frustration and it has helped clear my mind. I ended up playing 3 floor hockey games last night, thanks to a doubleheader and another team not showing up. By the end of the night, I was drenched in sweat with aching muscles and I was completely exhausted. After a quick shower and a bite to eat, I passed out with the lights and t.v. on. It was the best sleep I've had in days.

No comments: