Saturday, June 18, 2005

It was probably a good idea when they drew it up on the bar napkin...


Rey Myseterio & the Heartbreak Kid Posted by Hello

Rules of Fight Club (a.k.a. The Jay Lam Beatdown)

  1. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
  2. You do not talk about 'Fight Club'.
  3. When someone yells "Stop" or goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over.
  4. Only two guys to a fight.
  5. One fight at a time.
  6. No shirts, no shoes.
  7. Fights go on as long as they have to.
  8. If this is your first night at 'Fight Club', you have to fight.
Alrite, I guess I'm breaking rules #1 & 2. :P Yesterday, a bunch of guys got together for Jason Lam's bachelor party. It was a wrestling-themed night as we met up at a bar and got Jason to dress up as the "Heartbreak Kid". Compliments to Alan, Mandeep and Simon for coming up with such a detailed costume--the tights and the jean jacket with the broken heart logos and even a championship belt to boot! After a some food/drinks, we headed over to the nearby Bloor Street Boxing Gym for Jason to endure through more of our emotional and physical punishment. Generally, it was a pretty entertaining night as we all got to perform some 'finishing moves' on Jason--the Figure-4 Leglock, the Walls of Jericho, Goldust's Shattered Dreams, etc. :) However, it got a little crazy when they organized a 'ladder' tournament to see who would have the final shots at Jason. Alcohol & boxing/wrestling aren't usually good combinations. Some people took it a lot more serious than others and were 'spazzing' and I even got kneed in the nose once. The boxing owner was watching us throughout the night and the look on his face was, "What the HECK have I gotten myself into?". Despite this, I applaud Jason for being such a good sport. He took all the drinks, accepted most dares, and had a great time!

--

Upon arriving home, I suddenly realized that I had left my keys at work. Argh. Luckily, Alvin was home to open the door. Anyway, I decided to go back downtown again to pick up my keys--I didn't want to leave them unattended all weekend. Plus, even though I was a bit tired, I was feeling a bit unsettled from some events from the night. I thought that going for a drive would help clear my mind. Fortunately for me, I also found someone to keep me company for the drive down too. Jeanne was kind enough to tag along at 1:30 AM, 'cause apparently she owed me. :) It was good to chat and catch up with her about all her wedding craziness, but it also felt nice to vent a bit myself. Thank you Jeanne.

No comments: