Saturday, June 04, 2005

My Spiritual Gifts

Last Sunday I went to the Network Workshop at TCCC, led by Daniel. Basically, it's a class that's supposed to help people discover how to best used their gifts to serve in the church. Strange how after all these years, I've never taken it myself.

Anyway, here's my 'servant profile'...

MY PASSION... (Where I will serve)

Youth / Young Adults
MY SPIRITUAL GIFTS... (What I will do when I serve)
  1. Helps (1 Corinthians 12:28)
    "The divine enablement to accomplish practical and necessary tasks which free-up, support, and meet the needs of others. People with this gift: serve behind the scenes whenever needed to support the gifts and ministries of others, see the tangible and practical things to be done and enjoy doing them; sense God's purpose and pleasure in meeting everyday responsibilities; attach spiritual value to practical service; enjoy knowing that they are freeing up others to do what God has called them to do."
  2. Hospitality (1 Peter 4:9-10)
    "The divine enablement to care for people by providing fellowship, food, and shelter. People with this gift; provide an environment where people feel valued and cared for, meet new people and help them to feel welcomed; create a safe and comfortable setting where relationships can develop; seek ways to connect people together into meaningful relationships; set people at ease in unfamiliar surroundings."
  3. Mercy (Romans 12:6-8)
    "The divine enablement to cheerfully and practically help those who are suffering or are in need, compassion moved to action. People with this gift: focus upon alleviating the sources of pain or discomfort in suffering people; address the needs of the lonely and forgotten; express love, grace, and dignity to those facing hardships and crisis; serve in difficult or unsightly circumstances and do so cheerfully; concern themselves with individual or social issues that oppress people."
Other gifts that I may also have: Administration, Craftsmanship, Leadership, Shepherding, Wisdom.
Spiritual Gifts that I DON'T appear to have: Creative Communication, Evangelism, Knowledge.
MY PERSONAL STYLE... (How I will serve)
People / Unstructured - Spontaneous situations, relates well to others, very conversational, tends to be flexible.
--

Generally, I guess what I found out was not too much of a surprise. It re-confirmed the areas which I felt that I could use my gifts the best. I'm wondering though if this is how other people see me too. Thoughts/Comments?

No comments: