Monday, June 13, 2005

Making conversation is so much work

I finally went to drop off something that Jacqueline had given me to pass along to her mom. (Yes, I've been back from my trip for quite a while and I should have found time to go by much sooner. :P) Anyway, my original plan was to stop by for only a few minutes then politely make my way out. I figured that since I was coming by fairly late--around 10 PM--she'd probably be off to bed pretty soon. Of course, it didn't turn out that way. I got invited in, so I couldn't be rude and had to make some polite conversation. My mistake was taking off my shoes 'cause she then brought out some fruit. Then she made me some chrysanthemum tea. Then she and her husband started asking me about my trip. Then they started asking me about work. Then they started talking about other stuff. Ahhh! :P Although I was gracious for their hospitality, it just felt a bit weird/uncomfortable. Man, it's a lot of hard work to make conversation with someone's parents when the person I know is nowhere to be found! Finanlly, after an hour I managed wrap up the conversations and go home... That was tiring!

No comments: