Sunday, August 07, 2005

Wedding #6 - Stan & Yee Lee

Ina, Kenric, Gladys, Brian, Tim, Nicole, Anita, Kevin, Kenric Kenric, Nicole, Stan, Yee Lee, Ken, Karen Tim bustin' some moves with Big Jon crackin' up Napoleon Dynamite??? Me & Fran Enjoying some wine with Ina

The ring boy at YeeLee & Stan's wedding was hilarious. For some reason he had to remain standing by the other groomsmen through the whole ceremony. What a mistake. :) He was so restless--he kept pacing back and forth, moving up and down the steps, twisting around and dropping his bible. It was such a distraction--Daniel, Maki and I couldn't stop laughing.

Dinner was good as usual, although the chinese banquets are getting so predictable now. The menu is always about 80% the same. At least this time around, I ended up sitting with some people I knew. :P It's so much easier to make conversation! And it probably helped that I had quite a bit to drink--4 glasses of red wine and some Jack Daniels too! :D

Anyway, on a more serious note, one difference about YL&S's wedding from the others I've been to so far this summer was that it was definitely very evangelical in nature. Their ceremony included quite a bit of worship & prayer, and the exhortation and vows reached out to non-believers. Even at their reception, they shared a lot about their friends in CCF and church, and what effect that had on their lives. Plus, their bombonieres (a music CD) included their personal testimonies. I don't think it was overbearing--it was refreshing to see how convicted they were by their faith. On their special day, they shared with all their family and friends about their love for God and their hope for others to seek it. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I could do it myself. It takes a lot of courage to do that with all your family, friends and co-workers. You never know how others may react to it. I guess this is me talking after working in the government environment--everything you do or say has to be 'politically correct'. Anyway, it does make me appreciate YL&S that much more for being so open and honest about their faith.

1 comment:

lynnie said...

I'm glad I found your blog about my brother and sister in law's wedding. It's really encouraging to read what others say about their wedding.

I know it meant a lot to me to hear them talk about their faith like that. But then again it's me... Stan's little sister who needs to look up to her brother no matter what.

Be bold in your walk with God. It really makes a whole lot of difference no matter how "quiet" you are. :D

God bless,
Lynn