Friday, August 26, 2005

Reminders.

A whille ago, I signed up for Birthday Alarm--one of those services that provides quick reminders of friends' and family's birthdays and other important dates coming up soon.. It's actually been pretty useful--it's so easy to forget about people's birthdays and have them pass by. Anyway, I got an unexpected reminder e-mailed to me the other day. I had totally forgotten about it--I had marked it down, thinking it might be something useful for me to remember for the future. It's just interesting to reflect back over the last year and think about how everything has worked out--good and bad. Regrets? Nah. As someone wisely told me recently, "Things are always 100% clearer in hindsight." Sure, I probably would have done some things differently, but there are also so many things that I wouldn't have done and experienced otherwise. So for better or worse, I think it has better prepared me for whatever else God has planned for me.

No comments: