Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wedding Crashers

I went to watch this movie with Ben, Des and Jenn on Saturday afternoon. I now understand what Brian meant by feeling ashamed for watching this movie. It was hilarious, but some parts were pretty raunchy--I felt dirty for laughing so much. :P (It was pretty funny too listening to the old folks sitting beside me crack up--I didn't know seniors could have that kind of dirty sense of humour. :) ) And the ending was a too drawn out and high on the cheese factor.

Rachel McAdams. Wow. I've seen her before in "Mean Girls" and people have told me that she's really good in "The Notebook" too. She has this angelic look and amazing eyes. Every time she was on-screen, you couldn't take your eyes off of her. Great screen presence.

Vince Vaughn stole every scene he was in with his fast-talking ways, but Owen Wilson just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why people like his charm so much. There was also an entirely predictable cameo near the end of the movie--one of VV/OW's buddies. Totally pointless and it wasn't even that funny.

Anyway, overall it's still a decent popcorn flick. Good, but raunchy laugher. :D

1 comment:

ebrian said...

Shut your mouth when you're talking to me!