Monday, July 25, 2005

Prayer

One thing that I don't do enough, admittedly, is PRAY. So what I've tried to recently is actually do it on my subway ride to (or from) work... Other commuters just think I'm sleeping... Instead of playing Sudoku, I figured I could use my time a little better. ;)

So what have I been praying about? Here are some of the things that have been on my mind lately--and feel free to pray about them if you feel compelled to do so.

  • The Kyrios teens. Many of them are volunteering this week at the Bridletowne Summer Camp and more will be doing the same at TCCC's Summer Day Camp over the next two weeks. I pray that this will be a great experience for them and it will continue to further their walk with God.
  • Kyrios. As usual, during the summer the fellowship is going through some transition. Some are graduating, so we are looking for new people to step in. Also, a number of the counsellors have decided that it is time for them to move on to something new. I pray that there will be people at the church who have the heart to serve in teen/youth ministry.
  • Friendship. One of my friendships has stumbled recently. I have no clue as to where it's headed--whether we'll continue being friends or if it's better to go our separate ways. It's disappointing, but I pray that whatever God has in store for us, we will both be at peace with whatever happens.
  • New relationships. Funny enough, a few of my closest friends have recently begun new relationships--I am really happy for them. I pray that they will grow and start off on the right foot.
  • Seekers. A couple of my good friends were interested in finding out more about the church and/or Christianity. However, I'm not sure where they stand anymore. I pray that God will continue to give them the opportunity and heart to find out more about the faith and also that the friends around them--especially myself--are good witnesses to them.
  • The Longlac Team. Brian and a bunch of others from TCCC are continuing their missions trip up at Longlac 58, an Aborginal reserve near Thunder Bay. Continue to pray for their safety and that they can connect with the young people up there.
  • Sunday School. Eva, Clinton and I are teaching a class for the high school kids heading into university in the fall. The goal is to hopefully share our experiences and some practical suggestions to prepare the students to better handle university life, but also from a Christian perspective. This is our first time teaching, so we're pretty nervous. I'm actually leading the next class, so I'm a bit worried that I will have enough discussion to fill up the whole class. Anyway, just pray that we're effective teachers and we can provide information that is helpful to the students.
  • Family. I know that my family loves each other, but we're just such a non-expressive bunch. :P I pray that we can connect more...
  • Work. Pray that work will continue to be meaningful and enjoyable.
  • School. I've recently given some more thought to what I want to do. Do I want to stay in the same field or go back to school and do something else? Sometimes, I'm just not sure--the story of my life. Sigh.
Anyway, that's just a sample of the stuff that I've been praying for. There's actually a whole lot more, so if you'd like to know, just ask.

1 comment:

ebrian said...

Thanks for your prayers Kenric.