Thursday, July 21, 2005

Too much Ultimate?


Great shot... Thanks Sam... Posted by Picasa

Last year was softball, this year I just can say "NO" to Ultimate...

Although I've only been playing for just a little over a year, I think it's almost at the same level of interest/enjoyment as softball now. This week, I played it 3 nights in a row. Monday was with my actual team. Tuesday, I went out to help out with the other team that I'm organizing. And tonight, I ended up playing with people I didn't even know--I was invited out to play by a friend, but he didn't even tell me that he was in California and wouldn't be there. :P (I've also been playing occasionally with Nicole/Mag's IBM team.) All in all though, it was a good week as all 3 games turned out to be wins.

The Monday team has been doing great so far this year. It's been a bit of a surprise, 'cause there are still some newbies, but they all seem to have picked it up pretty quickly. It could be the competition too though, so we'll see. The next few games should be tougher as we will be facing the top half of our division. The Tuesday team started of slowly, but they've come back with two solid wins. It's a more inexperienced team, but they seem to be coming together nicely.

Still, I dunno how much of this my body can take. I actually somehow jammed my finger on Monday--probably running into someone. It's ok, but it's been a bit swollen the last couple of days. Plus every time I shake someone's hand, it seems to reaggravate it. :P Today, playing on consecutive days finally caught up to me. Despite drinking lots and lots of water throughout the day, I got a nasty calf cramp near the end of the game. Did it ever hurt--I was rolling around in pain and needed someone else to massage it until the muscle relaxed.

Thanks again to Sam for the photo above...

No comments: