Tuesday, February 10, 2004

so i get pulled into an office by my supervisor this morning...i thought was gonna get reprimanded or something...then out comes the bombshell - she has chosen to resign from her position! so she's given her 'two weeks notice'...

thinking about it, it doesn't surprise me at all...she only worked 4 days a week (every friday off!!!) and she seemed to take quite a bit of time off in addition to that. she always mentioned that she valued family very much. i sympathized with her position and her desire to spend time with her family. however, i was also annoyed at the same time because i felt it hindered her as my supervisor. i never felt like she did her job properly as a manger, which was to provide me with the proper direction or instruction. she always seemed to leave me work that SHE should have been doing. and when i actually needed her help, she was not around to provide it. this actually put me in a difficult situation. i didn't want to always ask others questions because it made my supervisor look bad. and then when i tried to do some stuff on my own, i was chewed out for taking too much initative and doing things without her approval. on the other hand, since she was not around, i could not get the proper direction to complete tasks...and thus, i would look bad for not performing...

anyway, my supervisor's resignation first appeared to be a 'relief'...but then i realized that i would be the only person left running the program...so guess who gets dumped with all the crap? still, it could be a blessing in disguise. hopefully, i'll become more valuable to the branch...

and so i digress...

No comments: