Tuesday, February 17, 2004

...sigh...

i'm definitely feeling a little vulnerable at work these days...

even though my supervisor is on the verge of leaving and i'm virtually the only one left administering the program, i just got news the other day from the manager that the funding for my position has been cut. so the agency that had hired me will no longer be paying me and, therefore, i got my 'two weeks notice'. thankfully, the branch where i'm actually working has decided to pick up the rest of my contract and pay me through, at least, march and april. still, it's not a lot of reassurance for me 'cause beyond that is a lot of uncertainty. i have no guarantees that my branch will have the funding to keep me on permanently. ever since the change in government--from PC to Liberal--there's been a hiring freeze and nobody really knows when it'll be lifted...

i realized today that if i have to go job hunting again, it won't be a slam dunk either... i applied for a job a couple months ago, and so i finally got a call a couple of weeks ago. today was my interview. man, i just wasn't prepared well enough. it was my first interview in a long while and i don't think i was 'interview mode' today. when i was actively pursuing a job and got a few interviews, the practice / experience definitely helped. each subsequent interview allowed me to get more comfortable and confident. today, those jitters came back. anyway, no excuses. i definitely should've prepared better. i don't think i did horrible, but i definitely didn't sweep anyone off their feet...

in any case, i still thank God that my job hasn't been cut altogether. i am very grateful that i have impressed and / or proved valuable enough where they've offered something... anyway, i just pray that God will continue opening doors for me...

and so i digress...

No comments: