Friday, May 19, 2006

Three Films

Lillian has been away in Montreal the last couple of years working for the National Film Board... Last night, I got to see all her hard work at screening of her animated short, “Jaime Lo, Small and Shy” and two others, “The Girl Who Hated Books” and “Asthma Tech”.

All the three films turned out to be really great--good lessons about reading, family & overcoming obstacles told in a sweet and funny way. They all made me laugh and some even almost brought a tear to my eye. ;)

Lil's film brought back memories of what many Chinese kids, including myself, have experienced: having a 'satellite' dad. Not having your dad around for extensive periods while you're growing up isn't that easy...

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the evening--and some other interesting happenings. It was great seeing Lil's efforts turn into something amazing. I hope she produces a DVD 'cause I think I'd like to have a copy. :)

No comments: