Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas Shopping... Ugh.

It's only the first week of December and I'm already sick of Christmas shopping. I had to go look for a Cris Cringle gift for a work 'holiday' party on Monday night, so I spent the evening at Scarborough Town Centre trying to find something. It's hard to pick something when you're limited in cost and I don't know the recipient too well personally. I must have walked around the mall about 3 times before I settled on something. I guess I could have picked up just about anything, but I also didn't want to get anything that had 're-gift' written all over it. ;)

In general though, I've actually been trying to avoid doing too much Christmas shopping the last few years by making stuff instead. In past years, I've baked some cookies/brownies, made gel candles, soap, and last year I made photoboxes. Sometimes it saves me some money, but depending on what I try to make, it probably doesn't save me that much either. Still, I don't mind doing it 'cause I find it less stressful than having to shop and I guess it's more meaningful that it's come from my blood and sweat--ok, that was an exaggeration. :P Anyway, I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do this year. I've been brainstorming a bit, but truthfully I'm running out of ideas. I'm trying to be somewhat creative, but not too 'cheesy', while considering cost and how much time I have to try to get it done. Gotta decide on something soon!

No comments: