Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Go Abroad Fair

I decided to go check out the Go Abroad Fair on Saturday. It's geared towards people who have thought about studying, traveling, volunteering or working abroad. It's been on my mind lately 'cause I'm not sure if I'm really getting enough out of work lately. Maybe it's just a phase. It's just crossed my mind 'cause quite a few of my friends have recently left the comforts of home to work or study abroad. I'm wondering if it's an avenue I want to pursue. Almost everyone I know who's done something like this has had an amazing experience. Perhaps the time is right for me to look into it now.

Anyway, I was actually a bit disappointed 'cause it wasn't as big as I expected it to be. I was actually looking more for work opportunities, but most of it was for teaching English in Asian countries. It also seemed like 30% of the booths were recruiting students to go study in Australia. I went to a seminar and a Canadian student shared about some of her experiences studying to be a teacher down at the University of Wollongong. It was interesting to hear that about half her class was Canadian and the school had actually structured part of the curriculum to match the one back home, so it would be easier for them to get a job upon returning to Canada.

I really have no idea what I want to do right now though... time to read up on all the brochures that I picked up...

No comments: