Friday, April 01, 2005

Australia - Day 14 (AFL - Aussie Rules Rules!)

Wow. I just came back from the MCG and watched the Carlton Blues defeat the Essendon Bombers. It was a thrilling game and the crowd was absolutely ELECTRIC. I still haven't watched a NFL game live yet, but I haven't seen anything as lively as footy. Fans for both teams were at the game and they were thunderous every time a goal was scored. Even though I didn't know any of the players, I was getting pretty pumped up over it. The hitting was crazy and the action was unbelievably fast. If you ever get a chance to see a game live, do it.

Afterwards, as I was walking back to they YHA, I got the munchies and decided to stop off in Chinatown. I was craving for congee and I actually found a place with pork and 1000-year-old preserved duck egg. It totally hit the spot! I will sleep well tonight... :)

From down under,
Kenric
1:00 AM Melbourne Time

No comments: