Monday, February 14, 2005

Busted!


Andrew's Surprise (sorta) Dinner Posted by Hello

My bad habit of being late caught up to me this weekend…

So to celebrate Andrew’s birthday, we decided to go out to dinner at Baton Rouge and surprise him there. The story was that Anita, Gladys and Andrew had a prayer meeting later on Sunday night and Anita would suggest going to Baton Rouge beforehand ‘cause she had discount coupons. So upon their arrival, we would yell out "SURPRISE!".

Anyway, I got stuck in a Kyrios planning meeting that went on 4 hours earlier in the afternoon—teens just can’t get focused! :P So I had to rush home to change, drive my mom to her own dinner, and somehow get to the restaurant by 5 PM. So I’m in the parking lot and as I’m paying for my ticket, Anita/Gladys/Andrew also roll into the parking lot. I think to myself, "Oh $#!*%!" And as Andrew put it, he wished that he had camera handy so that he could capture that guilty/stunned look on my face.

Fortunately for me, there actually wasn’t much of a surprise anymore. Apparently, Anita had to break the news to that something was going down ‘cause Andrew was thinking about skipping out due to work. Lucky for me… PHEW! Still, Andrew got a big kick out seeing my embarrassment and, maybe, I’ve learned my lesson… :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crap man! I look drunk dispite not getting any shots. Ugh...