Saturday, April 03, 2004

a new start

at work, it's now the beginning of a new year. and with that, i also now have a new colleague / supervisor. i'm actually pretty excited about it. she is someone who i've worked with a bit in the past, and my experiences with her have been nothing but positive. i'm also quite confident 'cause she's been working for the government for over 10 years. one of the issues with my previous supervisor was that she had only started a few months before me, and so i always got the feeling that she was always paranoid of me making her look bad. that definitely shouldn't be a problem this time around.

more good news / bad news. my contract has been extended again, but still only for the very short term. i have totally mixed emotions about it. on one hand, i'm happy that it looks like they're trying to find a place for me within the unit. i understand that with the hiring freezes, it's hard for them to find me a permanent position. however, in some ways, i hate being at their mercy. it does worry me that any day, they might decide they can't renew my contract and then i'll have to look for a job again. i wish that i had a better idea what their long-term plans (even for the next year would be good) are 'cause then i can also plan for more school, applying for jobs, or whatever. right now, i'm not sure what i should do. preferably i'd like to stay on, but i also have to keep in mind that i can't wait 'til the last minute to look again. ugh.

anyway, keep praying for me.

No comments: